Building liquidity is a strategic imperative in education today. A&G Real Estate Partners routinely works with institutions’ trustees, business managers, and attorneys to optimize real estate in response to the challenges facing non-profit colleges and universities (public and private); K-12 academies and boarding schools; and technical and other for-profit educational institutions.
Over the course of its 29-year history, the real estate advisory and disposition services firm has achieved rent-reduction and occupancy-cost savings approaching $6 billion on behalf of clients in every real estate sector.
Real estate veterans at A&G have also assisted clients in the sale of core and non-core properties and leases exceeding $12 billion. A&G is a nationally recognized leader in conducting accelerated and professionally marketed structured sales—a sophisticated process proven to spur competitive bids, give sellers control over the timing and terms, and maximize return. We also have broad experience in conducting sale-leaseback transactions, which allow our clients to raise cash while retaining the use of key real estate assets.
Key services include:
- College Campuses
- Other Institutional Properties
Long Island, NY
- 250,000 SF waterfront campus on 25 acres.
- 100,000 SF aviation and athletics campus on 100+ acres.
- The Oakdale campus sold for three times the stalking horse bid amount.
CAREER EDUCATION CORPORATION
- Due to an intense government regulatory review, Career Education Corp. chose to move away from its campus locations and focus on its more-successful online schools.
- The company turned to A&G for assistance in transitioning its complex portfolio of leases in order to significantly lower their occupancy costs.
- Through our process, Career Education Corp. proactively closed a significant number of campuses, including its well-known Le Cordon Bleu.
COLLEGE OF NEW ROCHELLE
PORTFOLIO OF CAMPUS & NON-CORE ASSETS
Westchester County, NY
- Sale of Non-Core Residential Properties to End Users.
- Sale of Main Campus to End User.
- Generated an international database that yielded over 500 inquiries from prospective buyers.
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
- Sale of 31 owned properties across the U.S.
- Generated a significant database of national and international buyers.
- Sold all to individual buyers for 2x bulk offers.
- Achieved pricing 20% higher than estimated value.
- The A&G team designed and executed a national real estate lease-mitigation and occupancy-cost reduction program for Kaplan, one of the leading for-profit organizations, providing an array of test-preparation, professional training and certification, and other educational services to students, colleges, and universities, as well as corporate clients.
- Our team was successful in disposing of more than 200 underperforming tutoring facilities throughout the United States as part of Kaplan’s overall strategic business plan.
LE MANS ACADEMY
Rolling Prairie, IN
- 51-acre campus with 600+ acres of farmland.
- Maximized value using ‘parts-vs.-whole’ strategy.
- Offer from top bidder in sealed-bid process greatly surpassed those of other parties.
- Marketed and closed within 90 days.
DANIEL WEBSTER COLLEGE
- 281,000 SF campus on 53 acres.
- Generated national and international interest through an extensive marketing program.
- Price exceeded school’s expectations by 20%.
Following the development of an aggressive and complex turnaround strategy for the business, we faced major hurdles with our real estate portfolio. What we needed was an innovative, results-oriented partner. We found that with A&G. They truly delivered the goods for us in terms of tens of millions of dollars in savings with impressive ROIs. Beyond being impressive problem solvers and true partners in the process, they were a pleasure to work with. Thanks for your outstanding work and I look forward to working with you again in the future.
– Reid E. Simpson, Career Education Corporation
In an industry that has been going through dramatic change, our company needed to find creative and cost-effective solutions to our real estate portfolio. The team at A&G consistently exceeded expectations by successfully disposing of more than 200 underperforming locations. Their professionalism and quality of work exemplifies why they are leaders in their field.
– Jeff Elie, Vice President, Global Real Estate and Facilities