A&G’s Structured Real Estate Sales team specializes in designing and conducting accelerated land sales in order to maximize price. We have successfully sold billions' worth of development and multi-use land through various sealed bid and live auction sales methods on a national basis.
Our structured methods have been utilized as a sophisticated disposition strategy by Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, developers, non-profit organizations, government agencies, bankruptcy Trustees, high-net-worth family Estates, private equity firms, special servicers, investors and high-net-worth individuals, and other non-distress sellers.
Areas of expertise:
- Large and Small Land Portfolios
- Commercial and Residential Development Land
- Hard-to-Value Land with Multiple Uses
O'HARE DEVELOPMENT SITE
- Our team was hired to sell one of the last remaining development sites along the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago, just east of O’Hare International Airport.
- The site had been approved for 994 hotel rooms or possibly be rezoned for office, multifamily, senior living, or retail space.
- The property was marketed for five weeks due to time sensitivity and the auction was a success.
Cape Coral, FL
- 1,484 acres of development land located in Cape Coral, Florida, just north of Fort Myers.
- The land had been owned by a family for generations and had been part of litigation between the family members for over 40 years. The Trustee decided that portions of the family’s holdings would have to be liquidated in order to generate cash into the estate.
- Our national and limited marketing campaign produced a successful result, and the Trustee plans on hiring us to sell other assets with the family in the future.
Bucks County, PA
- A vacant 56,000 SF commercial building on nine acres of a busy commercial corridor that had last been used as an indoor mini-mall.
- After reviewing market factors such as varying uses, we decided a sealed bid sale was best to provide maximum price protection.
- Seven bids were received with this highest bid being significantly more than any of the other competing bids. The Seller and his advisors were very happy with the strategy and price.
- Two parcels, comprised of 355 acres, approved for the construction of 902 age-restricted residential units located in a growing part of central New Jersey.
- Hired to run an orderly sales process and find a buyer for the property.
- A national marketing program was conducted with several parties bidding on the property resulting in a 100% recovery for the lender.
FAMOUS ESTATE DEVELOPMENT LAND
- One of the wealthiest families in the United States hired the team members of A&G to sell their 600-acre family estate located in the desirable northern Chicago suburbs.
- The property was separated as two parcels based on zoning differences and advertised on a local, regional, national, and international basis.
- Bidders had to be approved by the Estate’s lawyers to gain access to the property due diligence.
- Final Bid was $6 Million over the Estate’s acceptable sales price.
PLUM CREEK TIMBER & DEVELOPMENT LAND
Gainesville Area, FL
- 4,400 acres of timber and development land throughout central Florida.
- The seller was looking for a strategic and accelerated method to sell the property in order to maximized price.
- We customized and executed a 10-week, 30% absolute, sealed bid convertible and live auction sale to sell all 90 parcels, ranging from 4-657 acres.
- Due the tremendous success of the sale, we were re-hired by Plum Creek to sell two other land portfolios, as well as by Rayonier, a national REIT.
PEBBLE BEACH GOLF COURSE HOME SITE
Pebble Beach, CA
- Our team members were retained by a West Coast developer to sell one of only 34 home sites located on the world-renowned Pebble Beach Golf Links. The site consisted of just over two acres and was divided into two parcels.
- We offered the parcels both separately and individually via an extensive international sealed bid marketing campaign.
- The properties sold to one buyer at a record price at the time of sale.
1000 S. MICHIGAN, CHICAGO, IL DEVELOPMENT LAND
- A prominent developer hired us to sell its 1.85-acre condominium development site on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, Michigan Avenue.
- The site was zoned for 656 units and was privately marketed for a few years without success.
- After three weeks of extensive marketing, we sold the property pre-emptively for a record price, as the buyer did not want to lose the property.
WATER CAYE, BELIZE
- 567-acre island just 10 miles from Belize City.
- At the time of sale, the property was privately-owned pristine development land.
- The seller hired us to attract an international market of both developers and private users.
- Our team members conducted an extensive eight-week PR and media campaign, and produced a non-contingent developer buyer who closed on the seller’s desired time frame.
FOUNDER OF AUNTIE ANNE’S PRETZELS, PA, DEVELOPMENT LAND
- The founder of Auntie Anne’s Pretzel’s Estate hired us to sell 90 acres of development land in Gap, PA.
- The Estate and its advisors chose a nationally promoted, structured sealed bid deadline process in order to have a year end sale, choose the appropriate buyer, and to maximize price (large pricing variation depending on use).
- The land was sold by year-end at approved pricing.
RAYONIER TIMBER LAND
Northern Florida Portfolio
- Rayonier hired us to sell their 40 Parcel Portfolio in Northern Florida as a result of our success selling Plum Creek portfolios.
- The land was marketed nationally, and we utilized our sealed bid and live auction methods in order to maximize participation in the sale and pricing.
- The properties were all sold at approved pricing to varied buyers.
TWO FORMER COLLEGE CAMPUSES
Long Island, PA
- Our team was hired by Dowling College to sell its two former campuses located in Oakdale and Brookhaven, NY.
- Both properties were internationally marketed to both Schools and Developers.
- Pricing was driven by varied uses and zoning capabilities, and one campus was sold to an international institution for a record price and the other to a well-known developer.
KARA HOMES SUBDIVISION
- As part of a Chapter 11 reorganization, our team members were hired to represent one of the largest regional builders in NJ in the sale of six partially completed subdivisions and finished inventory. This particular debtor owed approximately $300 million to approximately 1,000 creditors at the time.
- The purpose of the sale was to generate capital for the reorganization by designing a program that would maximize the price of select non-core assets in a stagnant market, by selling them individually through our accelerated marketing and sales campaign. Our process produced approximately $30 million.
PCS HOMES SUBDIVISIONS
- The debtor retained our team members, as part of a workout strategy with Wells Fargo, through their Chapter 11 reorganization, to sell eight partially completed subdivisions/land and 16 Residences in DE, MD, and NC.
- The subdivisions ranged from a 303-lot partially completed subdivision to a six-acre parcel of land approved for 17 lots. Also included were 16 finished residences within these subdivisions, which were offered individually.
- Our team members’ six-week accelerated marketing program produced 310 prospects, and 62 bidders attended the auction. We sold 23 of 24 properties to third-party bidders.
STAATSBURG, NY, LAND
- 170 acres in Staatsburg, NY, in the Mid-Hudson River Valley owned by a prominent real estate family who had owned the land for over two decades.
- The property featured a 13-acre lake, the former Staatsburg Reservoir.
- We ran a sealed bid sale that garnered contracts from groups throughout the country with varied desired uses.